Vern Martell, CAPS, CEAC, CHAMP
Safe Living Solutions
About Vern Martell:
Vern Martell is the president of Safe Living Accessibility Group, LLC. He received his B.A. degree in liberal arts and sciences from Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University consisting of three degrees: marketing, communications, and English. He also holds the certifications of Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) - 2009; Certified Environmental Access Consultant (CEAC) - 2015; Certified Home Assessment and Modifications Professional (CHAMP) - 2016. Vern has a long and successful career as an entrepreneur. Over the last 30+ years, Vern has purchased, expanded, and sold, four separate businesses. Vern’s career started by spending 23 years in the information management industry and evolved into the environmental accessibility and the aging in place industry in 2009.
Exposure to accessibility needs came early for Vern. Vern’s Father, Vernon, Sr., was 47 years old when Vern was born. Thus, when Vern graduated high school, all of his Father’s friends were approximately 65 years old. For many years, Vern has maintained a deep passion and a drive to provide solutions to enable individuals with mobility limitations, the ability to live independently and safely within their home. His experience includes:
- Successful track record of navigating the home modifications industry to successfully provide appropriate and cost-effective solutions within the complex world of workers' compensation insurance claims management.
- Recommended and implemented safe and accessible modifications for injured workers in the catastrophic claims management area of the workers' compensation insurance industry.
- Successful implementation of safe and accessible solutions to senior citizens that desire to safely remain in their homes as they age.
- Successful implementation of safe and accessible modifications for children with accessibility issues that are enrolled in state voucher programs.
Product and service expertise areas include:
- Bathroom safety modifications (grab bars, accessible personal hygiene, etc.)
- Lifts and elevators
- Capabilities matching to living conditions
- Accessibility design, guidelines, and recommendations
- Dementia safety products
Permitting and inspections for home modification projects Safe Living Accessibility Group, LLC continues to grow. Since 2009, Safe Living Solutions has successfully completed over 5,000 home modification projects. Safe Living Accessibility Group, LLC has successfully completed home modification projects in 38 states. In 2019 Vern implemented plans to take the solutions-based safety and accessibility focused company to provide products and services in the continental United States. Vern resides in North Carolina and has been married to his high school sweetheart, the former Sue Harris, since 1987. Vern has two adult daughters that reside in the Charlotte, North Carolina area.